Monday, September 7, 2009

Finally

Well, I finally sent in my request for a category 2 upgrade after 3 years of racing as a category 3. I had many top tens, but until this year, couldn't seem to get enough top 6 finishes to get the points required for an upgrade.

The Spring started off pretty good, then the crash in Pennsylvania set me back for a few weeks and things did not look good, but the past few weeks had been very good. It started with back to back days in the points at Attleboro and New Britain. Then the next week I hit the points again at Norwell. I finished things up with back to back weeks in the points at Wells Avenue - 25 - just enough for an upgrade!



I sent my resume in to Diane the USCF Regional Director and held my breathe - checking my e-mail at least once an hour while waiting for a reply. Well, I got the thumbs up! I will be racing as a 2 in the Mayor's Cup and Portsmouth Criterium. This is going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment