Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cran the Kanc...or not

Well once again I had a great/painful experience with a Base 36 team member. Dixon was nice enough to let me tag along and ride the eastern side of the Kanc today.

I felt pretty good at the beginning especially after I warmed up. Of course at mile 17.5 we hit the steeper parts and lets just say I wasn't ready for 2.5 miles of 7% grade. Actually my first mistake was trying to keep up when Dixon hit the gas. BAD IDEA as the lactic acid shot into my quads and they suddenly felt like they weighed 1000 pounds each.

Oh well I managed to meander my way to the top and assume that what doesn't kill me on the bike will make me stronger.

Only 2 weeks until I try my hand at Battenkill. I assume I will see some of the Base 36ers there?

No comments:

Post a Comment